Human Remains May Be Missing Marion County Man
Deputies found human remains in the Ocala National Forest this afternoon and they believe they may be those of missing man from Marion County.
Derek McGivern went missing may third and investigators became suspicious when his friend Allen Strickland led them on a chase through forest roads driving McGivern's car- without McGivern.
Strickland's story about McGivern's whereabouts changed several times, even though the two men had been seen out together earlier in the day.
Christina Haywood,a good friend of Derek McGivern, says,
"He never did any harm to anyone, always respected everyone."
A newspaper carrier discovered what looked to be "drag marks" going across county road 314A in the Ocala National Forest.
deputies found mcgivern's bloody clothing- and human bones.
They are now waiting on dental records to confirm they are McGivern's.
- Human Remains Found In Backyard Believed To Be Missing Man
- Human Remains Identified as Missing Marion County Man
- Detectives Call Ft. McCoy Human Remains Discovery a "Suspicious" Death Investgation
- Human Remains found in Marion County
- Human remains found in wooded area in Ocala
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- Authorities Searching for Missing Marion Co. Man
- Investigators Find Body Believed To Be Missing Man From Interlachen
- Human Remains Found by Man Scrapping Metal