The Child Advocacy Center, in North Central Florida, helps with the treatment of abused and neglected children. Early last year, they lost one of their own and found a way to remember him and help others at the same time.
Dr. Jay Herrington passed away unexpectedly in February of last year. He was a member of the board of directors at the Child Advocacy Center. This is the day the Child Advocacy Center honor their friend.
"He would be very proud of what we're doing here today and would be so happy to have his name associated with the project that's going to raise awareness for our community of what the child advocacy center does", said Margot Wilder.
There were at least 75 people who turned out to help make designs. The ornaments will be hung up around town to bring more awareness to the Child Advocacy Center. For more information on Jay's Hands, contact the Child Advocacy Center.
Do Art will be holding the Jay's Hand project all summer long on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from Twelve to Seven.
- Jay's Bridal Files for Bankruptcy
- Fate of Silver River in State's Hands
- Tuition Bill in Governor's Hands
- State universities install hand sanitizing stations
- Hand Delievered Envelope Sparked Emotions
- Deputies Lend a Helping Hand
- Gas Thieves caught Red-handed
- Gator Aider Back In City Hands
- Bionic Hand Restores Normalcy for a Local Woman
- Police Equipment in the Wrong Hands