The Child Advocacy Center, in North Central Florida, helps with the treatment of abused and neglected children. Early last year, they lost one of their own and found a way to remember him and help others at the same time.
Dr. Jay Herrington passed away unexpectedly in February of last year. He was a member of the board of directors at the Child Advocacy Center. This is the day the Child Advocacy Center honor their friend.
"He would be very proud of what we're doing here today and would be so happy to have his name associated with the project that's going to raise awareness for our community of what the child advocacy center does", said Margot Wilder.
There were at least 75 people who turned out to help make designs. The ornaments will be hung up around town to bring more awareness to the Child Advocacy Center. For more information on Jay's Hands, contact the Child Advocacy Center.
Do Art will be holding the Jay's Hand project all summer long on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from Twelve to Seven.
- Jay's Bridal Files for Bankruptcy
- Jay-Jill Cosmetics Valentine's Day Tips
- Video of Beyonce's Family Fighting, Stirs Conversation About Domestic Violence
- Wisconsin Hands Florida Basketball 1st Loss of 2013-'14 Season
- Some Sex Offenders Hand Out Candy on Halloween-- And It's Legal
- Fate of Silver River in State's Hands
- Ocala City Elections Results
- Gator Marching Band Going to the Olympics
- Voter turnout raises questions for at-large run-off election
- Buchholz athletic director gone