New Gun Bounty Program
A thousand dollars for one phone call?!
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office is offering a $1,000 bounty for tips that lead to arrests.
The tips have to be about illegal guns to qualify in the new program.
Sheriff's spokesperson Lt. Steve Maynard says the money comes from the bad guys when they're caught with stolen goods or drug money.
"We're going to continue to aggressively seize those assets and seize money from the bad guys -- and we're going to use it to fund this program," Maynard said.
Other law enforcement agencies throughout the county are participating in the new move.
They're also working with Crime Stoppers.
To call in a tip about an illegal gun, call 352-372-STOP.
- Sheriff's Office Creates New Program To Lower Agricultural Crime
- New Program Hopes To Keep Drunk Drivers Off The Road
- Residents Can Track Crime With New Online Program
- Alachua Co. Kicks Off New State Ed Program
- Howard Bishop Middle School's New Tech Program
- New Gilchrist County Backpack Program Feeds Kids
- Santa Fe Nursing Program Provides New Course for Higher Degree
- New Program for Rape Victims Starts this Week
- New Program Urges Students to "Stay Fresh, Man"
- UF Prepares for New Veterinary Forensic Sciences Program