Ocala Accident with A Reported Stolen Vehicle
The Ocala Police Department was notified this morning about a crash that occurred three minutes after police were notified by the Marion County Sheriff's Office that one of their officers was in pursuit of a stolen vehicle in the city limits of Ocala.
Sgt. Joseph VanWeelden attempted to stop the reported stolen vehicle and the vehicle fled, according an Ocala Police Department news release.
James Mark Ivery, 18, the driver of the pickup truck was traveling northbound in the 900 block of Northwest 14th Avenue, ran a stop sign at the intersection of Northwest 10th Street and struck a grey Toyota SUV which was traveling on Northwest 10th Street.
The impact of the crash took both vehicles across the eastbound and west bound lanes of traffic and the SUV struck a subject riding a bicycle, according to the news release.
The injuries are reported as serious but not life threatening at this time.
There will be more on this incident tonight at 5:30 and 6 p.m.
- Serious Two Car Accident Might Have Involved a Third Vehicle
- Man Reportedly Struck a Rescue Vehicle and Pedestrian
- Eleven Guns at Buy-Back Reported Stolen
- Ocala Man, 18, Dies in Single-Vehicle Crash
- 3 Trucks and 2 Mustangs Stolen From Ocala Ford Dealership
- Packages Stolen From Ocala Home
- Train Accident in Ocala Leaves One Man Dead
- Ocala Explosion "Freak Accident"
- Ocala Traffic Accident
- Pedestrian dead in car accident in Ocala