Palatka Mother Charged with Death of 5-Week-Old
A mother was under arrest May 21 in Palatka for homicide, which involved the death of a 5-week-old child.
Palatka police responded at 9:10 a.m. to a residence in the 1300 block of St. Johns Avenue in reference to a young child possibly deceased.
Five-week-old Destiny Lawson was unresponsive when the officers arrived and transported the child to the Putnam Community Medical Center, according the Palatka Police Department.
The child was pronounced dead at 9:40 a.m.
Shovan Lawson, 20, was arrested and charged with second-degree homicide and taken to Putnam County Jail without bond.
- Ocala mother charged with manslaughter in death of her daughter
- Ocala mother charged in infant death
- Police recommend misdemeanor charge for mother shot by 4-year-old
- Clay County Man Charged With Death of 14-Month-Old Boy
- 16-Year-Old Shot and Killed at His Home in Palatka
- Man charged with murder in death of 3-month-old daughter
- Mothers Speak Out About Sons' Deaths; Plan Memorial Ride
- Gainesville Mother Apparently Catches Babysitter Smothering Her 11-Month-Old Daughter
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- Ocala Teens Slit Mother's Throat, Charged With Attempted Murder