Palatka Mother Charged with Death of 5-Week-Old
A mother was under arrest May 21 in Palatka for homicide, which involved the death of a 5-week-old child.
Palatka police responded at 9:10 a.m. to a residence in the 1300 block of St. Johns Avenue in reference to a young child possibly deceased.
Five-week-old Destiny Lawson was unresponsive when the officers arrived and transported the child to the Putnam Community Medical Center, according the Palatka Police Department.
The child was pronounced dead at 9:40 a.m.
Shovan Lawson, 20, was arrested and charged with second-degree homicide and taken to Putnam County Jail without bond.
- 16-Year-Old Shot and Killed at His Home in Palatka
- Gainesville Mother Apparently Catches Babysitter Smothering Her 11-Month-Old Daughter
- Mothers Speak Out About Sons' Deaths; Plan Memorial Ride
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- Two Men Charged with Abusing Elderly Mother
- Mother and Boyfriend Charged in Python Ordeal
- Two Men Charged with Abusing, Neglecting Their Mother
- Mother Leaves Kids Home Alone, Faces Felony Neglect Charges
- Ocala Teens Slit Mother's Throat, Charged With Attempted Murder
- Three-Year-Old Child Mauled To Death By Dog