Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Prescription Tracking Bill
Florida is the nation's lead supplier of prescription drugs-- taken for illegal purposes.
A bill is on it's way to the governor's office that could change that.
The bill is designed to help prevent what's called "doctor shopping", where a person gets multiple doctors to write prescriptions- and then multiple pharmacies to fill them.
State leaders says abuse of prescription drugs leads to almost 10 deaths daily from overdose.
"It allows doctor's and other medical professional to share information to be able to avert abuses that come from people who are doctor shopping and some of these pill mills in south florida that were dispensing perscription drugs and then diverting them to the black market," says Representative Kurt Kelly.
Critics of the bill say it violates privacy rights by tracking citizens and their activities.
A similar version of the bill was killed seven years in a row; however, this one, now heads to the Governor's office.
- Florida Prescription Pill Tracking Database
- Prescription Drug Foundation Trying to Raise $500,000
- Cops Involved With Prescription Drugs
- Prescription for Fire
- Deputy Arrested for Purchasing Prescription Meds
- Free Prescription Program Provides Assistance
- Deputies: Prescription Pill Addiction Is An Epidemic
- A Scheme to Score Prescription Drugs Lands a Couple in Jail
- New Market of Prescription Pill Dealers?
- Prescription Pill Theft at CVS Pharmacy