Ready for the Road
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office got some new additions to their patrol unit.
But they're not all ready to hit the road just yet.
The Sheriff's Office bought 20 new cars this year.
Fleet Manager Steve King says they're still working on the last handful of cars.
The purchase of new cars happens every year.
Older cars with too many miles go to deputies who don't drive as much.
Deputies on patrol get the newer cars.
They say the transition is about safety.
- "Sergeant Ricky Lord Road"- State Road 26 Renamed
- Furloughs Threaten National Guard's Readiness in Event of a Hurricane
- Former Florida GOP Leader Jim Greer's Defense Ready
- Senators Ready to Restore Lower College Loan Rates
- Getting ready for July 4th
- Is the Grace Market Place Ready for All the Homeless?
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- New Alachua County Charter School Ready for First Day of School
- Ham Operators Ready For Emergencies
- Ready For Hurricane Season? Inspect Your Trees.