Red Light Cameras
If you're one of those people who "go for it" when the traffic light turns yellow, watch out. You could soon be on camera.
During a workshop Ocala City Council members listened to venders who spoke about the benefits of red light cameras at busy intersections.
The cameras would not cost the city anything but would be paid for from a portion of the traffic tickets issued.
Ocala City Councilman Daniel Owen says, "The only problem I have, is that were generating that fund from people breaking the law, and if we look down the road and cure everyone running the red light then we've lost our funding resource and where do we come in from that."
During the last five months of last year, Ocala police wrote over two hundred citations to red light runners-- without the cameras.
Council members are expected to discuss the issue at the next council meeting.
- Palatka Red Light Cameras On
- Red Light Cameras Taken Out in Dunnellon
- Red Light Cameras Could Soon Be Used In Gainesville
- City Puts the Brakes on Red-Light Cameras
- Gainesville Moves Forward With Red Light Cameras
- Traffic Flow Cameras Confused with Red Light Cams
- Caught On Camera... Red Light Safety In Palatka
- Cameras have Residents Seeing Red
- Traffic Light Cameras
- Red Light Traffic Cams?