There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
Revitalizing an Alachua County Commercial Park
An empty commercial site once known for its toxic waste is rising again and ready for business ... and looking for tenants.
The toxic waste at the Phoenix Commercial Park was created by a battery plant that used to be on the property.
But now, it's cleaned up... and last week, Alachua County Commissioners voted to make it a brownfield site, which is a site that has already been developed but may have on-site or nearby contamination.
Commissioners, and residents, are hoping to attract new, green businesses to the area.
The original count is about 50 employees and within a year they hope to be up 150 and then who knows
They have one potential tenant... Planar Energy Devices, an Orlando-based battery manufacturer.
The CEO says he hopes to be moved sometime this summer, and plans to eventually create an estimated 200 jobs
- Revitalizing East Gainesville Pushes Forward
- New Charter Amendment Commercial
- Biomass Plant is "Commercially Operational," GRU Customers Will Feel Impact this Month
- Commercial Building Projects on the Rise
- Commercial Construction Jobs on the Rise? Only slightly.
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- Knife-Wielding Tampa Man Arrested At Levy County Park
- Marion County Park Receives A Facelift
- Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot