Robb House Medical Museum
With the closing of Shands AGH in the fall, residents say they have many concerns...
One concern is having to say good-bye to a hospital that has been a part of the community for over 90 years.
But there is one place they'll always be able to reminisce...
The Robb House Medical Museum in Gainesville has artifacts dating back to the Civil War.
But there's one era in particular that volunteers emphasize in their collection... the 1920s, when Alachua General Hospital opened.
The house has everything from an old operating room lamp to operating tables.
"All the doctors that gave things that were practicing way back were at Alachua General Hospital," Florence Van Arnam, the curator of the museum, said.
The Robb House Museum is also the home of the Alachua County Medical Society.
It was named after Robert and Lucretia Robb, physicians who lived in the house in the 1800s.
- CurtCo Robb Media Comes to Innovation Square, Plans to Recruit Talent
- Gainesville Fisher House Opens Facility At Malcolm Randall VA Medical Center
- Four NASA Artifacts on Display at Wings of Dreams Museum
- Beating the Summertime Blues: Florida Museum of Natural History
- US Victory Museum in Archer
- Teens Contribute to Online Museum
- International Artist Creates Political Drawings For Gainesville Museum
- Reflections of Florida Landscapes Arrive at Appleton Museum
- Museum Hosts Butterfly Fest
- Cade Museum Prize "Sweet 16"