School on Lockdown After Near Abduction
A Williston elementary school was placed on lockdown this afternoon after two students were lured from the playground and into a truck.
The Joyce M. Bullock Elementary students described the person as a white or Hispanic male with black hair. He was possibly wearing a brown shirt, blue pants and black boots. He also may have a silver tooth and a dark spot or mole on his face.
At about 12:30 p.m., the two students were approached on the playground by the man and placed in a red and white truck. The man drove them about 100 yards across the front entrance of the campus before making them exit the truck and stand by the roadside.
A school employee observed the boys, contacted them and brought them back to campus. The school was immediately placed on lockdown to ensure the safety of the elementary students and staff.
All students are accounted for, and the Levy County Sheriff's Office and Williston Police Department are jointly conducting an investigation. The School Board and school officials are taking measures to ensure the safety and security of all students.
If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact the Levy County Sheriff's Office at 352-486-5111 or you can remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-877-349-8477.
- Correctional Institute on Lockdown After Officer Attacked
- Gainesville shooting near elementary school after bar fight
- Parents spooked after man tried to kidnap teen near school bus stop
- Suspicious Person Forces Levy School Into Lockdown
- Columbia County schools placed on lockdown Wednesday
- Belleview Police searching for a man after an attempted abduction of an 11-year-old
- Two Children Briefly Abducted From Levy County Elementary School
- Muhammad Executed After Spending Nearly Four Decades On Death Row
- Happ Executed Nearly Three Decades After Murder of Angela Crowley
- Nearly Two Years After Tree Trimming Accident, Mom Speaks Out