Sen. Nelson Supports Cleanup of Kopper Site.
Sen. Bill Nelson supports the cleanup of Cabot Koppers Superfund site.
Sen. Nelson says in a letter to the Honorable Lisa P. Jackson that he has worked closely with the City of Gainesville, Alachua County and the Environmental Protection Agency to facilitate a clean-up of the site.
Nelson writes that recent sampling of the soils west of the active Koppers wood treating facility in the area known as the Stephen Foster Neighborhood reveals concentrations of dioxins, benzo(a)pyrene and arsenic which excess the Florida Department of Environmental Protection's residential soil clean-up target level standards.
Read Nelson's letter from the Florida Senate to Administrator Jackson for more information.
- Sen. Bill Nelson visits North Central Florida
- U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson visits troops in North Florida
- Koppers Site Cleanup Agreement Reached
- Koppers Cleanup Delay
- Federal Judge Approves Cabot Koppers Clean-up Plan
- Cabot-Koppers Clean-Up Concerns
- EPA Hears Concerns Over Koppers Cleanup
- Cabot-Koppers Superfund Site Update
- City and County Meet to Discuss Future of Koppers Superfund Site
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors Near The Koppers Superfund Site