Suwannee County Woman Charged with Vehicle Homicide
A Suwannee County woman is charged with vehicular homicide after being involved in a fatal crash on January 10, 2009 where an 11-year-old was killed because she was not properly restrained.
Nicole Marie Sallas was arrested on May 20, 2009 by Florida Highway Patrol Corporal Jessie Stalnaker for a single-vehicle car accident where her daughter, Alyssa M. Jones,11, was partially ejected and later died from her sustained injuries, according to a Florida Highway Patrol news release.
Sallas reportedly lost control of the 2000 Pontiac she was operating as she traveled south on 89th Road and Jones was not restrained by a seat belt during the crash.
Sallas was charged with vehicular homicide and booked into the Suwannee County Jail on Wednesday May 20 without incident.
- Suwannee County Missing Woman Update
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- Developments in Suwannee Missing Woman Case
- Putnam County Robbery/Homicide
- Double Homicide In Marion County
- Levy County Bus And Vehicle Collision
- New K-9 Vehicles For Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Weekend Crash Kills Suwannee County Child
- Suwannee County Shelter Increase