Two Children Briefly Abducted From Levy County Elementary School
Two children were briefly abducted from a Levy County elementary school Tuesday afternoon ... and neighbors living near the school say they're locking their doors and keeping their children inside.
Deputies say once the stranger lured the boys into his truck, he drove to the front entrance of the school before letting them out by the side of the road.
A school employee saw the boys and brought them back to campus.
Officials are searching for a red and white truck with an extended cab.
"Total stranger. that's what's scary about this case," Capt. Evan Sullivan of the Levy County Sheriff's Office, said.
"Every week on TV, in some part of the country, there's a child that disappears. And most of the time they aren't found safe and alive," Georgia Hanssen, who lives near the school, said.
The boys say the suspect had a silver tooth and a dark spot or mole on his face and he is white or Hispanic with black hair, possibly wearing a brown shirt, blue pants, and black boots.
- Paddling Scheduled to Return to Marion County Elementary Schools
- Trouble at school leads to abuse at home for two children...
- Ocala Mom Fights For Abducted Children
- Two Former Levy County Commissioners Guilty of Bribery Charges
- Levy County Plane Crash Kills Two
- Two ATV Crashes in Levy County Leave Both Riders Dead
- Levy County Schools Already Preparing for New School Year
- Another Johnson Steps Down From Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Levy County Food Pantry Chosen for $20,000 From Walmart
- Latest Developments On An Ocala Woman Abducted From Waffle House