Two Men Charged with Abusing, Neglecting Their Mother
Two men were arrested and charged with aggravated abuse and neglect of the elderly after deputies found the mother of the two men on the floor and covered in sores and bruises.
The Dixie County Sheriff's Office arrested Jerry P. Holland, 49, and Donald K. Holland, 48, both Old Town residents. On Saturday, sheriff's office deputies were called to 737 N.E. 644 St. in reference to EMS personnel needing assistance.
When the deputies arrived, they say they found both Holland brothers sitting on the front porch of the residence. Once inside, the deputies helped the EMS with the victim whom had been on the floor for several days.
The victim was partially dressed, and the home had a strong odor of human feces and urine. The victim had numerous sores and was covered with bruises. According to reports, the home was in deplorable condition, with maggots, beer cans and trash found throughout the home.
According to Jerry Holland, his mother had been on the floor for five days. The victim was taken to North Florida Regional Medical Center in Gainesville.
- Two Men Charged with Abusing Elderly Mother
- Mother Leaves Kids Home Alone, Faces Felony Neglect Charges
- Two Men and A Truck Helps Moms of Domestic Abuse and Homelessness
- Two Men Charged with Robbing Teen on a Bike
- Mother Neglects Baby
- Guardians for Local Neglected and Abused Children
- Woman arrested on neglect charges
- Ocala Woman Faces Child Neglect Charges
- Intoxicated Parents Arrested, Face Child Neglect Charges
- Gainesville Woman Facing Child Neglect Charges