Charges Filed on Suspect for Using Girlfriend's Debit Card
A woman notified the Lake City Police Department Tuesday (June 2) that her boyfriend stole her debit card while she was asleep at her home and withdrew $200 from her personal bank account.
The victim stated that she confronted 35-year-old John Thomas Thomley, her boyfriend, about using her debit card without her permission, and he stated that he only withdrew $20 from her account, according to the Lake City Police Department press release.
The victim told police that she never gave Thomley permission to withdraw any money from her account, and Thomley was not found for questioning.
Charges were filed on Thomley for illegal use of the victim's debit card and forwarded to the State Attorney's Office.
- Debit Cards Versus Cash
- Additional Charges May Be Filed Against SWAT Standoff Suspect
- A Federal Gun Charge Could Be Filed Against SWAT Standoff Suspect
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Girlfriend's Car
- Major Banks Decide Monthly Debit Fee Doesn't Make "Cents"
- Trio of Thieves Use Stolen Credit Cards to Buy Electronics
- Man Buys Car Using Stolen Credit Card
- Two Arrested for Using Counterfeit Credit Cards
- Fake Money Used to Buy Phone Cards at Lake City Business
- Man Charged in Girlfriend's Death