Disaster Response Team Practices in UF Football Stadium
University of Florida students may have caught a glimpse of something a little unusual today (June 5) if they passed Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
Some visitors were rappelling from about 60 feet above.
The ASPCA Disaster Response Team did some training exercises in Gainesville today using animal rescue techniques. First, weights were slowly lowered and lifted for practice. Next, it was time for team members to get strapped in.
Some anxiety could be seen in the rappellers' eyes.
From the stadium, the team headed out to Lake Wauburg with the Florida Agricultural Response Team to simulate rescuing horses from water.
More simulations and practices will take place later this weekend, and one will include lowering some of these team members into a 25-foot sink hole.
- Child Abduction Response Team Exercise
- Area Teams Waste No Time On Day 1 of High School Football Practice
- Trenton Football Practices in the Swamp
- First Day of High School Football Practice
- Pee Wee Football Team Eyes Championship
- Trenton Highschool Football Team Off To State Championship
- Cornerstone Academy 7on7 Football Team Celebrates State Championship
- Swine Flu Sacks HS Football Team
- Commissioners Delay Yankee Stadium Referendum
- Stadium Club Condos Behind Schedule