DNA Tests Lead to 1983 Sex Offender
DNA tests taken from a 3-year-old girl who was sexually assaulted in September 1983 confirmed that Walter Earl Taylor battered the toddler.
The test results came back May 27, and Boynton Beach police detectives interviewed Taylor Thursday at the Lake City Police Department.
Taylor is a registered sex offender who was released from prison in 2001 after serving almost 14 years for the 1986 rape of another child. He was arrested for the 1983 sexual battery on a child under 12 years of age and taken to the Columbia County Detention Center.
He will be moved to Palm Beach County in the future to stand trial for the crime.
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Suspect in Haile Rape Case
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Archer Man
- Convicted Sex Offender Asks to be Castrated
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media
- Registered Sex Offender in Ocala Arrested Again
- Sex Offender Sweep
- Operation S.P.O.C III- Sex Offender/Predator Sweep
- Sex Offender Arrested on New Rape Charges
- No Tricks with Sex Offenders
- Occupy Protester Was Sex Offender Fugitive