East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
East Gainesville Initiative will sponsor a one-week summer camp for middle schoolers in the east Gainesville community June 15 through June 20.
The morning sessions of the program will provide a Gator Trax geared toward highlighting the importance of math and science to help students improve their overall performance.
Afternoon sessions will give young people the opportunity to practice various life skills such as conflict resolution, culinary arts, CPR, financial literacy and carpentry.
The camp will meet 7:30 a.m. To 5 p.m. daily and limited space is still available.
The camp meets at Mt. Carmel baptist church at 2505 NE 8th Ave.
Students should live in East Gainesville and attend middle school to be considered for camp. Please contact the Office of Community Outreach and the East Gainesville Initiative at 352-395-5767 or 352-381-3840.
- Former Bradford County Coach Serving Time in One- Punch Death
- New Markers Make it Easier to Find Residents in Gainesville Homeless Camp
- East Side Residents Rally At City Hall
- Initial Report, Crime Down in Gainesville
- Two arrests made in Gainesville carjacking, charges dropped for initial suspects
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Marion County residents host safe trick-or-treating
- Brewer & Noah to Host Camp in Gainesville
- TV20 Reporters Hit the Trenches in Boot Camp: Day One
- Solar-power initiative will appear on November ballot