Gainesville's Next Top Cop
The people who applied for the position of Gainesville's police chief are a diverse group. Some have led national law enforcement agencies, while others have no experience at all.
Among the list of 93 individuals is likely the name of the man or woman who will serve as the next Gainesville police chief.
Before this list makes it to the city manager's office it will be narrowed down to a total of 10 to 20 "highly qualified" individuals.
Two members of G-P-D applied for the position, Major Rick Hanna and Captain Lonnie Scott.
It will be two months before a new chief is named, but City Manager Russ Blackburn remains optimistic.
Here are a few other interesting details from applicants.
One currently works at a Gainesville McDonalds and would like a yearly salary of 16 million dollars.
Another listed their professional objective as to "eliminate the criminal underbelly of your city."
Finalists should be selected by early July. Interviews will follow in August, and Blackburn says a final decision will be made before August 15th.
- TV20's Top Cop Part 1
- TV20's Top Cop-- Part 2
- TV20's Top Cop Part 3
- TV20's Top Cop Part 4
- Gainesville home an 'eyesore' for next-door neighbors
- Braddy Earns Decisive Win Against Lowe to Become Gainesville's Next Mayor
- Six Months As Top Cop
- Gainesville Makes Top 20 List of America's Most Romantic Cities
- 'Shop With A Cop' Helps Families in High Springs
- 2nd annual 'Shop With A Cop' at Walmart in Lake City