Hawthorne Voters Speak Out
The majority of voters who turned out in Hawthorne today say they're looking for a change for their city.
Voters say new people and new ideas could turn things around... in a community that's seen some hard times recently.
Hawthorne lost its police and fire departments earlier this year because the city just couldn't afford to run them; The former city manager was fired for getting the city into debt. And voters say they're tired of these hard times.
"We're friends with one of the policeman that lost his job... and then to step back like the community had to... we needed some better leadership," Mark Moore, voter, said.
The city is deep in debt.
However, other voters say that's not entirely the incumbents' fault.
Pat McCollough, a voter, said she thinks most of the incumbents did a great job with the limited resources they had... they just need to keep the residents' concerns in mind.
- Low Voter Turn Out
- Tasty Buddha Owner Speaks Out
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- High School Friend to Aguilar and Bravo Speaks Out
- Family Speaks Out on Inmate Death in Ocala
- Speaking Out About Dark Moments, Human Trafficking
- Father of Molestation Victim Speaks Out
- Family Speaks Out Against Taser Use
- Marion County Commission Candidates Speak Out
- Neighbor Speaks Out about Accused Child Molester