Juvenile Caught with Gun
The Lake City Police Department responded to an apartment complex Thursday (June 25) in reference to someone firing a gun.
Officer Paul Hebb arrived at Cedar Park Apartments and observed a car matching the description of the suspect's car, according to the press release.
The 16-year-old suspect began to drive away from Hebb, but he stopped after a short chase.
Hebb waited for backup from Officer Ryan McLeod, and they apprehended the juvenile suspect from the vehicle without any further incident.
After further investigation, the gun was found and the juvenile suspect was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, discharging a firearm in public, possession of a weapon with an altered serial number and high-speed pursuit, according to the release.
He was then transported to the Columbia County Detention Center for booking.
- 12 year old Boy Caught on Camera Stealing Gun
- Juvenile Assesment Center Closing
- Spring Break And Juveniles
- Not the First Time a K-9 Attacked a Juvenile
- Gainesville Police Arrest 3 Juveniles in Graffiti Rampage
- Man Shot and Killed by Juvenile in Cedar Key
- Juvenile Crime Drops, Community Programs Help
- New Juvenile Sentencing Changes
- State House Passes Juvenile Sentencing Bill
- Crime Stats Show Rise in Percentage of African-American Juvenile Cases