Lake City Armed Robbery at S & S Convenience Store
Two men wearing ski masks and gloves entered an S&S convenience store Wednesday (June 10) a little past midnight.
The men entered the store, located at 4046 S.W. S.R. 47 in Lake City, armed with a shotgun and a handgun. The men ordered the clerk to give them money from the register, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office release.
The men fled the store with an undetermined amount of money, and no one was injured during the incident.
The men may have fled in a dark-colored, possibly convertible Ford Mustang. The car was last seen speeding westbound down C.R. 242.
The suspects are described as black men, both between 5'11 and 6'0 tall. Both were dressed in dark-colored sweatshirts black ski masks and black gloves.
Sheriff's office detectives are working closely with law enforcement agencies in surrounding counties, according to the release. The robbery is similar to two that occurred in Columbia County two weeks ago. There have also been similar robberies in Alachua and Marion Counties.
Anyone with information about the robbery may call the Columbia County Sheriff's Office at 386-752-7015 or Columbia County Crime Stoppers at 800-293-TIPS(8477).
- Attempted Armed Robbery at Marion Street Café in Lake City
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station
- Convenience Store Robberies
- Another Arrest Made in Robbery of Ocala Convenience Store
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Super Stop Convenience Store Attempted Robbery
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store
- Store Clerk Survives Armed Robbery
- Lake City Police Search For Armed Suspect
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint