Local White House Intern
FAMU grad, Andrea Turk, plays with her daughter, Summer.
Summer just turned 2 years old this past Monday, but the birthday party was put on hold. Mommy has an pretty important job to fulfill in Washington.
Turk, a former Buchholz Bobcat who is going for her Masters at FAMU, is one of the first to intern at the White House under the Obama Administration.
She says she never thought this would actually happen.
Turk has been in D.C. for one month now, interning in management administration. She says she can't go into details about her duties for security reasons.
She also says she hopes working this summer among the highest level of administration will take her far. But on this day, her little Summer is what matters most.
- Getting Involved In The Race For The White House
- Alachua County Crisis Center Assists The White House
- White House Says US, Afghans on 'Same Page'
- White House Helps Pay for NYPD Muslim Surveillance
- Governors Meet at White House Monday
- E-Mails Show White House Input on Sherrod Ouster
- White House Releases Beer Recipe
- GPD Internal Investigations
- Gainesville Police Officer Steps Down Because of Internal Investigation
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower