Man Accused of Animal Abuse says "I'm not a bad guy"
A man from Marion County is accused of neglecting to feed and to provide shelter for almost 70 animals.
Starting last Friday Marion County Animal Services, began taking 46 year old Hobart Drake's animals away.
Animal services says they took the animals from Drake's farm in Ft. Mccoy and from his home-including the family hamster.
There were also horses, goats, mice, a snake, a donkey, and pigs that were found to be underfed and not properly sheltered.
Owner Hobart Drake says,
"I'm not a bad guy, I would just like to work with the county, comply to whatever they would like me to comply to."
Drake says he's had health problems recently and because of the weather has struggled to get his horses a certain type of food.
Even still, he says he's consistently cared for them.
He says he's most upset by the fact that the county took his family dogs and his kid's hamster.
The county says they plan to press charges of animal abuse.
- "Lazy UPS guy" Next Viral Sensation?
- Tebow Wins "Good Guy" Award
- Rubio: "I'm Not Going to be Vice President"
- Tebow: "I'm Back"
- Man Accused of Identity Theft Released from Jail, Says He's a Victim
- Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
- Gainesville Hero "I was trying to help"
- Officials Say, Baby Should've Been Taken To "Safe Haven"
- Man Arrested in Standoff Says He Was Just 'Popping Off the Gun'
- Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside