Man Suspected of Burglaries Caught
It seemed like your typical burglary...
A UF student came home to find a man leaving with his bike and a bag of his stuff.
But after police caught up with the suspect, they say they learned he had stolen much more than they originally thought.
When the suspect was caught, officials say they realized they had a career criminal in custody-- responsible for as many as 30 burglaries.
They identified him as 41-year-old Donald Lynch.
"He got out of prison ironically in March of this year which is when the burglaries started, so we think this arrest will provide significant relief," Lt. Keith Kameg, Gainesville Police Department, said.
Lynch is charged with larceny and burglary of an unoccupied dwelling. But more charges may be coming.
His bond is set at $77,000.
- Man Suspected of Shooting Wife Outside Hospital Caught
- Burglary Victim Offering a Reward for Arrest of Suspect(s)
- Burglary Caught In Progress
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- Armed Robbery Suspect Caught
- Marion Co. Strong Arm Robbery Suspect Caught
- Suspect Caught After Leaving Wallet at Crime Scene
- Burglary Suspect Falls Through Restaurant Roof
- Suspect Identified in String of Gainesville Burglaries
- Ocala Police Looking for Burglary Suspects