U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood announced today that Gainesville will receive the money to purchase new buses.
LaHood says this will lead to hiring workers, and those workers can then put their money back into the economy. However, some people who use the RTS bus system don't feel that it's the buses that need improvement.
According to the Department of Transportation, as many as nine new buses will be purchased.
- Gainesville Gets New Buses
- New Fare Boxes In RTS Buses
- Two Stolen School Buses from Alachua County Found Near Jacksonville
- Fewer Buses May Cause More Problems
- Alachua County Law Enforcement to Crack Down on Illegal Passing of School Buses
- Two Buses Stolen From Alachua County School District Lot
- High Fuel Costs Cause School Buses To Scale Back Their Routes
- Keeping RTS Buses En Route
- New Beds, New Initiatives to Help Mentally Ill Inmates
- New State Policy on High School Majors Mean New Name for Loften