North Central Florida Car Sales Up
Of all the places to look for signs that the economy might be turning around, automakers are probably far from the top of your list. It might be time to put that blinker signal on though, one car maker's business is improving, and that goes double for one of their North Central Florida dealerships.
Ford reported a 20% sales increase nationally from April of this year to May. According to Auto Data Corp, General Motors' sales increased 11 percent, 3 percent for Chrysler. In Gainesville, the Ford dealership says their products actually increased 52 percent in the same time period.
"The consumers are out shopping and we're getting some really good traffic," said Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Hyundai of Gainesville General Manager John Lanza, "customers coming by shopping and I think their confidence level has really risen versus a few months ago."
- Lenders Halting Sale of Foreclosed Homes Will Impact North Central Florida
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- New Laws Too Late For North Central Florida Charity
- Soldier Return to North Central Florida
- Earthquake Felt Half Way Around the World Causing Aftershocks in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Veterans Honored
- Marijuana Trends in North Central Florida