North Central Florida Car Sales Up
Of all the places to look for signs that the economy might be turning around, automakers are probably far from the top of your list. It might be time to put that blinker signal on though, one car maker's business is improving, and that goes double for one of their North Central Florida dealerships.
Ford reported a 20% sales increase nationally from April of this year to May. According to Auto Data Corp, General Motors' sales increased 11 percent, 3 percent for Chrysler. In Gainesville, the Ford dealership says their products actually increased 52 percent in the same time period.
"The consumers are out shopping and we're getting some really good traffic," said Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Hyundai of Gainesville General Manager John Lanza, "customers coming by shopping and I think their confidence level has really risen versus a few months ago."
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- Lenders Halting Sale of Foreclosed Homes Will Impact North Central Florida
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Farmers Seeing Profits in Cotton
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier