Police Release Picture of Abandoned Baby
Ocala Police are looking for those responsible for leaving a new born baby in a box on the side of the road.
Wesley Pringle was driving down northwest 17th street in Ocala, when he spotted a baby girl in a cardboard box on the side of the road.
He opened the door of his vehicle, heard crying, and called his mother.
They then brushed the ants off the baby and waited for police to arrive.
Sharon Sheiler with Munroe Midwifes of Ocala says,
"It's just really important that mother's do know that they can drop their babies off at a designated location , I think there was just a fire station five minutes down the road."
Police say the girl is between 3 and 7 days old.
They don't know whether the child's parents are local or just dropped the baby off in Ocala.
Police are asking anyone with information about the child to contact them.
- Newborn Baby Abandoned In Miami Found By Searchers
- Abandoned Baby found in Ocala
- Picture of alleged Weirsdale murderers' car released
- Father Abandons Baby at Strip Club
- Bin Laden Pictures Won't Be Released
- Gainesville Police: Woman threw boiling water on boyfriend, baby
- Third Attack Near UF & Police Release Surveillance Vid Of Man Believed To Be Suspect
- Harris Police Report Released, Questions Remain
- UFPD Releases Harris Police Report
- Independent Group Releases Gainesville Police Review Findings