Putnam Corrections Officer Arrested on Drug Charges
On June 9, 2009, a Putnam County Correctional Officer was arrested on a federal conspiracy charge of possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
Several weeks ago the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office received information that Ricardo C. Adams, 31, was involved in illegal activities. A joint investigation between the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office and the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms & Explosives (ATF) culminated in Adams’ arrest later that day. Adams was transported to Jacksonville where he was turned over to the U.S. Marshals Service. He will be held by the U.S. Marshals Service awaiting first appearance and the setting of a bond.
In a press release sent to TV20, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said, “Law enforcement officers should be held to a higher standard of conduct, and I will not tolerate criminal activities by any of my officers. It is difficult for law enforcement officers to investigate and arrest fellow officers, but I am proud of the job investigators did in this case”.
Adams is currently suspended without pay, pending the termination process.
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- 23 arrested in Putnam County drug operation
- 13 People Arrested in One Day on Drug Charges
- Five Arrested on Drug Trafficking Charges
- Two men arrested on drug trafficking charges
- Bronson Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- U.S. Marshals Arrest Williston Man on Drug Charges
- Gainesville Man Arrested on Drug Charges Following Traffic Stop
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Neighbors voice concerns after corrections office shot, killed in driveway