Spraying for Mosquitoes Continues in Gainesville
The warm, wet weather is all too familiar this time of year... but it brings with it another familiar problem: Mosquitoes.
Officials say there's actually less of a mosquito problem this year, compared to last year.
The city of Gainesville has been spraying different areas every night.
After the severe rain a few weeks ago, the Gainesville mosquito control office was getting 60 complaint calls a day.
now the condition has improved.
"The mosquito problem is getting better because we haven't had a significant rainfall since the last significant rainfall, so we think we're making a little bit of headway," Kellie Etherson, Gainesville Mosquito Control, said.
The city will be re-evaluated to see which areas still have mosquito problems, and then those parts will be sprayed next.
- Juvenile Sprayed Teen with Mace
- Gainesville Woman Continues To Collect Truckloads Of Donations For Haiti
- Gainesville Residents Continue To Clean Up After Weekend Storms
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- Ride-sharing battle continues at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Medical Spotlight: Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
- Mosquito Season
- Mosquitos Invade Gilchrist County?
- Mosquito Season Is Here
- Mosquito-Bourne Illnesses on the Rise