Town Hall Meeting
The fourth and final town hall for Gainesville residents took place Monday evening at The United Church of Gainesville.
Residents got the chance to voice their opinions. As residents entered the meeting, they were able to choose a table to sit at labeled with a topic that was of interest to them. Topics included community and quality of life, environment, transportation, energy and economics, and land use and redevelopment.
According to Craig Lowe of District Four, "Finally, we will be listening to citizens speak on any issue they feel is important in getting their viewpoints with respect to how Gainesville should move forward."
Some of the main topics discussed by citizens included recycling, neighborhood park development and downtown parking issues. A wrap-up presentation will take place at an upcoming city commission meeting.
- Troop Pullout Discussion at Town Hall Meeting
- Senator Tackles Local and Global Issues at Town Hall Meeting
- Rep. Ted Yoho Talks About Key Issues At A Town Hall Forum
- AARP Holds Town Forum Meeting in Gainesville
- Postal Service Town Meeting
- Gas Prices Hurting One Town
- Gainesville Contends For Title Town USA
- Top Dystonia Researchers in Town
- Kerr City, Historic Ghost Town
- Queen Gutarist Brian May in Town