Town Hall Meeting
The fourth and final town hall for Gainesville residents took place Monday evening at The United Church of Gainesville.
Residents got the chance to voice their opinions. As residents entered the meeting, they were able to choose a table to sit at labeled with a topic that was of interest to them. Topics included community and quality of life, environment, transportation, energy and economics, and land use and redevelopment.
According to Craig Lowe of District Four, "Finally, we will be listening to citizens speak on any issue they feel is important in getting their viewpoints with respect to how Gainesville should move forward."
Some of the main topics discussed by citizens included recycling, neighborhood park development and downtown parking issues. A wrap-up presentation will take place at an upcoming city commission meeting.
- Senator Tackles Local and Global Issues at Town Hall Meeting
- Ted Yoho visits Newberry for first town hall meeting of the year
- Troop Pullout Discussion at Town Hall Meeting
- Town hall meeting to address poverty in Alachua County
- Rep. Ted Yoho Talks About Key Issues At A Town Hall Forum
- Congressman Ted Yoho Hosts Town Hall Discussion Focusing On Veterans And The Issues They Face
- Frustration boils over at town hall
- Yoho town hall draws large crowds, man punched
- UF President holds town hall to discuss hate incidents on campus
- Postal Service Town Meeting