Two Men Stabbed
A convicted murderer who has already served more than 40 years behind bars is suspected of stabbing two men who are in critical condition.
Police say they can't believe he ever got released from jail.
The stabbings happened in a neighborhood that appears on no map.
Police say it happened in Tent City, part of which had been cleared by police two years ago.
This wooded area in South Gainesville still serves as a home to many homeless people, but it's a different kind of home to say the least.
With tents and winding trails as far as the eyes can see, there's no running water. There are toilets, but not the typical type.
Robert Strickland says he saw two of his friends get stabbed, but usually he says he feels very safe.
Some say Tent City has become increasingly violent recently with more drugs, violence, theft and criminals.
Police say they plan to increase patrols around the tent city area.
The two stabbing victims, William Josey and Ronnie Brannock, sustained what police call life threatening injuries.
As far as Strickland goes, he says he's not worried.
Police, however, say they do.
- Two Men Arrested in Fatal Stabbing in Boynton Beach
- Men Stabbed at OEC
- Two Stabbed at Market Street Pub
- Two Men and A Truck Helps Moms of Domestic Abuse and Homelessness
- Two Miami-Dade County Men Steal Bait Trailer
- Suwannee Man Arrested After Allegedly Killing Two Men
- Two Men Charged with Abusing, Neglecting Their Mother
- Two Men Charged with Abusing Elderly Mother
- Two Men Force Way into Palatka Home, Take Money and Pills
- Two Men Charged with Robbing Teen on a Bike