Police simply wanted to help drive a drunk woman home, but the woman obviously wasn't so grateful.
Instead, she reportedly attacked the officer.
Gainesville police say 48-year-old Irina Bogacheva was so drunk at a convenience store on Southwest 20th Avenue late Saturday night, police wanted to drive her home for her own safety.
When she was escorted to the patrol car, and seated inside. That's when police say she attacked Officer Juan Decastro.
Bogacheva grabbed the officer's radio and bit him.
She was arrested and taken to jail.
Bogacheva is charged with battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest without violence.
- Passenger of Small Plane in Palatka Crash Dies
- Gainesville Regional Airport passengers to see new ticket counters
- Child Passenger Safety Week
- Driver, Two Passengers Attempt To Flee During Routine Traffic Stop
- Two Passengers Critically Injured In Vehicle Crash
- Man with BB gun threatens RTS bus passenger
- Plane missing near Cedar Key with 3 passengers
- Passenger Attacks Crew on NC-to-Florida Flight
- Witness: Passengers were "Freaking Out" Over Flight Attendant Rant
- Passengers Say Captain Yelled About Bomb on JetBlue Flight