Update: Second Day of Okpara Nelson Trial
The state called witness after witness, and they all answered questions about that night and day after the shooting that tragically ended the life of Andrew Arosemena.
Arosemena was shot and killed in the early hours of the morning following the UF/FSU game Nov. 25, 2007.
Andrew yelled for the two men who were blocking traffic to move, and that's when police say Nelson walked up to the car and shot Andrew dead. The medical examiner explained how the gunshot wound was fatal and even showed pictures of the deceased.
The state also played back phone calls that Nelson made to others from the jail, telling them not to talk.
The shooting took place at the parking garage located off Southwest Second Avenue. There are surveillance cameras inside, but none caught the incident.
But other cameras in the stairwell picked up these images, images police say fit the descriptions of Antwan Maye and the accused shooter, Okpara Nelson, moments after the shooting.
The defense wants to be able to put Nelson on the stand in the coming days.
- Who is Okpara Nelson?
- Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Breakdown of Second Phase of Questioning
- Zimmerman Trial Day 7: State Tries to Prove Key Elements of Second Degree Murder Charge
- Amber alert update: Four-year-old girl found in Tennessee
- Nelson Murder Trial
- UPDATE: Debris Fire Continues to Burn, Smoke on 441
- Update: Wildfire Near Orange Springs Under Control
- Update: County knew about fire station closure ahead of time
- UPDATE: Both Officers Tried to Get out of Columbia County House Fire
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire