Update: Tent City Residents Forced to Move...Again
One week after police enforced trespassing laws on the private property that Tent City sat on, they're doing the same thing in a wooded area just west of the original location.
Residents of the new Tent City were told to be out by 9 a.m. Police officials said they were OK with people taking a little longer, just as long as people were making an effort to get out.
Police say they've cleared out both areas because of a rise in violence in the area, but many people have wondered - now with the violent offenders scattered around the area and not just in the two tent cities, could it make the problem worse?
City officials said they're trying to help. The city will pay $1.3 million over the next four to six months to help the homeless - specifically with a one-stop homeless center.
Vouchers have also been passed around Tent City entitling people to a night's stay at the St. Francis House.
Regardless, many former Tent City residents have trouble staying optimistic.
- Residents of Tent City Forced to Move
- Tent City Residents Forced to Move
- Homeless Will be Forced to Vacate Tent City
- Tent City Update
- Tent City Residents May Be Stuck Finding New Homes
- Tent City Residents Being Evicted
- Swine Flu Update: Two More Deaths Confirmed
- Swine Flu Update: A Total of 31 Deaths in Florida
- UPDATE: Local Pilot In Disbelief After Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- UPDATE: 340 Animals Found Dead In Reddick Home