Vigil Honored Murdered Doctor from Kansas
North Central Florida residents came together tonight to remember a doctor who was killed earlier this week in Kansas.
Dr. George Tiller was an abortion physician, and even though he didn't practice here locally... residents at a candlelight vigil say his death will have a major impact on the entire country.
Dr. George Tiller, an abortion physician, was killed on May 31st in Wichita, Kansas ... but some say his death is felt here locally.
The suspect in the shooting, Scott Roeder, shot tiller once as he handed out church bulletins.
Roeder is now in custody.
But some mourners say they want to honor Tiller.
"I wanted to do something to make a tribute to his life and all the work he did," Candi Churchill, who attended the vigil, said.
Dr. Tiller had been violently targeted before.
In the 80s, his clinic was bombed. and in 1993, he was shot in both arms.
- Candelight Vigil Held To Honor Former Gainesville Police Officer
- Practice Makes Perfect, Gainesville Doctor Honored
- Doctors Send Pictures Back from Haiti
- Local Doctors Return from Haiti
- From Horse Jockey to Horse Doctor
- Two Bodies Found Inside Apartment from Apparent Murder-Suicide
- From Amber Alert Victim to Murder Suspect
- Authorities Release Audio From Lake City Murder
- Live From Double Murder Scene in Alachua County
- Local Vigil For Connecticut Shooting Victims