AARP Holds Town Forum Meeting in Gainesville
With one of the largest populations of senior citizens in the country, the health care reform debate is important to a lot of people in Florida.
Which led members of AARP, both Democrats and Republicans, to join together at the Rodeway Inn in Gainesville in for an educational forum yesterday, which ended up getting heated.
The meeting had a panel of expert speakers, including University of Florida Professor Paul Doering and Dr. Samuel Myrick from the Community Cancer Center of North Florida.
Their presentations included information on heated topics such as prescription drug prices.
Members were able to ask questions after the presentation which led to a heated forum.
Lori Perham is the state director for AARP, she says there needs to be a change in the health care system.
"We do believe the health reform needs to happen this year and so we are trying to educate the public and also bring feedback from Floridians back to Washington so that their voices are heard."
AARP will continue to hold meetings like these around the state.
If you'd like more information on where you can find the next meeting in Florida simply go to www.aarp.org/fl.
- Gainesville Holds Biomass Q & A at RUC Meeting
- Gainesville P.D. Holds Meeting
- Troop Pullout Discussion at Town Hall Meeting
- Town Hall Meeting
- Postal Service Town Meeting
- Senator Tackles Local and Global Issues at Town Hall Meeting
- Final Gainesville City Commission Forum
- Gainesville Mayoral Candidates Debate DUIs, Biomass at 4A Forum
- Local "Action Network" Holds A Meeting For Change
- CHOICES Advisory Board Holds Special Meeting