Alachua Teen Steals from his Sick Grandmother
The report of a stolen television in Alachua County this morning lead to the arrest of three men.
One of them is accused of stealing from his own grandmother who is in the hospital.
Just before noon, Alachua public works employees reported several people carrying a TV out of a house.
The employees knew the resident of the home was away at the hospital.
Alachua police officers were called and later arrested 19-year-old Chanci Miller, 18-year-old Rance Shannon and 17-year-old Anthony Fulston, the woman's grandson, for stealing the TV and two guns.
Shortly after the arrests were made though, officers responded to another burglary in the Alachua Hills neighborhood.
Police say it turns out the TV and one of the two guns were actually taken from that house, and only the other gun was stolen from the grandmother's home.
"The three suspects had gone to a stranger's house and broken into it that morning," said Detective Carrie Lund of the Alachua Police Department. "While they were at that man's house they stole a TV, which was a big flatscreen TV, they stole a firearm and they stole some jewelery."
All three suspects have been charged with armed burglary, grand theft and theft of a firearm.
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Stealing Nearly $50,000 From His Workplace
- Sick Teenager Finds Time to Live up to his Dreams
- Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network
- Teen Recovering After Spear Removed From His Brain
- No Bond for Man Accused of Killing Grandmother and Great Grandmother
- Grandmother Spared From Death Sentence
- Teen Charged For Stabbing His Father
- Student's Cell Phone Video Catches Gym Teacher Stealing From Lockers
- Man Steals From Terminally Ill Chidren
- Thieves Steal Christmas Gifts from Broward County Family