Arson Suspected in Lake City Car Fire
At 12:50am Friday, Lake City Police Officer Jason Golub
responded to a call at 1083 NE Aberdeen Ave in reference to a vehicle being on fire.
Upon arrival, Golub observed a 2000 Acura fully engulfed in fire.
The fire department was notified and arrived on scene, putting out the fire. Afterwards, fire department personnel advised that there was a trail of gas leading from the vehicle to the roadway. The fire appeared to be set intentionally so the on-call state fire marshal was notified.
The owner of the vehicle, Ms. Erica Smith, stated that she was inside the
residence when she heard a loud explosion outside the residence. Ms. Smith
also reported that she heard what sounded like a vehicle leaving from the area in a rush. No suspect(s) or witnesses were found and this investigation was turned over to the state fire marshal.
Anyone with information about this crime, please call Investigator Andy Miles at (386) 752-4344
- Suspect in Death of Lake City Man is at Large
- No suspects identified in Lake City shooting
- Police Look For Three Suspects Accused Of Robbing Lake City Man
- Lake City Police Search For Armed Suspect
- Car Crash in Lake City
- Lake City Officer Fired
- Lake City Police Officer Dies in Early Morning Fire
- Arson Suspect Tried to Become a Volunteer Firefighter, Records Show
- Suspect Arrested for Arson in Trenton
- Possible Arson? A Family Is Upset After Their Car Goes Up In Flames Overnight