Art in High Springs City Hall
The walls of High Springs City Hall now offer a "picture perfect opportunity" for some local artists. He isn't quitting his day job, but artist David Dobbins does draw inspiration for his art from his job with Adventure Outpost. "Working around the river, being around nature for work, its just a positive emotion."
The idea to display the artwork came to one commissioner during a city meeting. "I saw all these blank walls and I just thought it would be a great opportunity to have the artists show their work." The artists all seemed very happy Commissioner Shupe didn't like the old look of City Hall. "I've never had my own press release with other artists, and to be able to do and show my work like this in a public form...I am really thrilled."
The once dull walls in City Hall now represent opportunity for six local artists.
- High Springs Will Spend Thousands to Fire City Manager
- High Springs City Manager Resigned
- Commissioners in High Springs Interview Candidates for City Manager
- City Approved Grant Helps Save The Arts
- City Hall Volunteers
- East Side Residents Rally At City Hall
- Chiefland Approves New Addition To City Hall
- Alachua City Hall Fire
- Dog Sitter Fights City Hall to Continue Service
- Archaeologists Dig at Ocala City Hall