Buy S.M.A.R.T. Begins Thursday
The Alachua County office of Waste Alternatives will be at local grocery stores for their buy smart campaign which begins Thursday. S.M.A.R.T. or Save Money And Reduce Trash is a program to educate citizens on how to be better shoppers. S.M.A.R.T. has been around for almost fifteen years. Waste alternative reps say in order to reduce waste, we can look for items not packaged so much, buy usable containers like glass jars and look for items with recycable content and can be recycled.
Buy S.M.A.R.T. kicks off at Wards Supermarket Thursday from 4-6 pm. They will have free canvas bags and S.M.A.R.T. pocket guides. The campaign will go through the month of July at different locations. For more information, visit the county's website.
- Pet Smart
- Smart Phone Apps Can Help The Environment
- Organizers Advise Families to Shop Smart, Seek Chemistry At Second Annual Pet Adopt-A-Thon
- PetSmart Adoption Weekend
- Levy/Gilchrist Counties Launch Smart 911
- Muschamp Speaking Tour Begins With Titletown Gator Club Thursday
- NFL Draft Begins Thursday, But Maybe Not For Gators
- Buy Local Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Ranks Lowest in County for Buying Local - Why?
- Right Time to Buy?