Cedar Key Gears Up to Celebrate Clamerica
The Fourth of July brought all kinds of festivities to our region... But in Cedar Key, the holiday brought a special guest.
Suzanne Altamara says she's doing what she loves, sand sculpting, in one of her favorite places...Cedar Key.
And when the city ask her to do a sculpture for the celebration, she jumped at the chance.
Suzanne says with a lot of patience, and a skilled hand (she's been doing this 27 years), a masterpiece is made.
The sculpture will be finished Saturday evening, and Suzanne says she doesn't know how long it will last.
But she says one of her secrets is to spray it with Elmer's glue and water so it will keep as long as possible.
- Cedar Key Arts Festival Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Town raises money for Cedar Key Prom
- Library Burglarized in Cedar Key
- Man Shot and Killed by Juvenile in Cedar Key
- Cedar Key Seafood Festival 2013
- Cedar Key Clam Lease Expansion
- Cedar Key Residents Ready For Andrea
- Cedar Key's Art Festival Preparations