City, County Commissioners Ready to Move Forward after Joint Meeting
At Wednesday night's meeting, Shands CEO Tim Goldfarb announced the plans for the Shands AGH property once the hospital closes. A portion of the site will be home to a program that helps UF researchers develop their products for the market.
Another discussion that came out of the meeting was the plan to launch a county-wide comprehensive health needs assessment in the near future. As the process moves forward, community leaders want to make sure residents are kept involved and informed every step of the way.
"It's very important that the citizens understand that they aren't being left out in the cold when it comes to health care access," said Gainesville City Commissioner Scherwin Henry.
City commissioner Scherwin Henry also said he is interested to seeing extended hours of operation at the Shands Eastside Clinic.
- City, county play hot potato with fire rescue
- City Moves Forward With Poe Springs Plan
- County commission still moving forward with study
- $179,000 Alachua County Jail Study Moves Forward
- Meet The New Alachua County Commissioner...
- Joint Commission Meeting
- Downtown Business Owners Send Letter To City, Opposing Free Parking Elimination
- Double Shooting In Lake City, Family Reaction
- City, Police Agree on Contract
- Kerr City, Historic Ghost Town