Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
City of Gainesville Budget Workshop
The city of Gainesville held a budget workshop Wednesday to discuss some of the options that would help a 7.2 million dollar deficit for 2010.
One of the main concerns for some residents is the recommendation to increase the milage rate by about 2.5%. On a property worth $200,000, it works out to be an annual tax of $41.
The city also proposed to save money by cutting or deleting 34 positions from agencies including GPD, fire rescue and city workers, like code enforcement.
- School Board Holds Budget Workshop
- Homeowner Workshops Offered in Ocala and Gainesville
- City Manager Released Budget For 2009 And 2010 Fiscal Years
- City Manager Proposes Balanced Budget
- City Budget Remains Largely Unchanged
- City Commissioners Pass Budget; Trouble on the Horizon
- City Budget Talks
- With New Fiscal Year Approaching, City Leaders are Working to Budget Biomass Plant
- Williston Utilities Workshop
- Firewise Workshop