Construction Nearing Completion at New Shands Cancer Hospital
Construction continues to move forward at the new Shands Cancer Hospital at the University of Florida.
$364 million was budgeted for the entire project. Almost $250 million is going toward construction that began more than two years ago.
Originally it was set for 36 months, but that did not match with Shands wanting to have patients in the hospital by November. It was trimmed down to 30 months saving time and money in the process.
"It saved a lot of delayed discussion that often takes place in projects," said Shands VP of Facilities Brad Pollitt. "It's really easy to lose a month just thinking about what color I want to paint something."
September 23 is the date set for the end of construction at the work site. November 1 is when patients will start coming in.
- New Shands Cancer Hospital
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- SHANDS HOSPITAL TURNS 50
- Shands Hospital for Children in Gainesville Sneak Peak
- "Sweet" Fundraiser Benefits Dance Marathon & Shands Hospital for Children
- Bacteria Detected at Shands Cancer Tower
- Meeting Scheduled for Legionaire's Disease found at Shands Cancer Center
- Patient Dies from Bacteria found in Shands Cancer Center
- Tour of the University of Florida Cancer Hospital