Gainesville Police Chief Search Update
Gainesville City Manager Russ Blackburn announced the names of five finalists for the position of police chief Monday afternoon.
Finalists are as follows:
Joseph Curreri of LaCanada, CA, has served as Captain on four different assignments for the Los Angeles Police Department.
Craig Goralski of Houston, TX, has served as Captain on four different assignments for the Houston Police Department.
Major Richard Hanna, of Gainesville, previously served as Captain for the Gainesville Police Department.
Richard Lemack has served as the Assistant City Manager and Assistant Chief of Police in Hollywood, Fla.
Antonio Williams, of Baltimore, MD, served as the Chief of Police for the University of Maryland, Baltimore County as well as Assistant Chief in several positions for the Baltimore Police Department.
The finalist interview process is scheduled to take place Tuesday, Aug. 11 and Wednesday, Aug. 12 and will include a panel interview led by Gainesville City Manager Blackburn, one-on-one interviews with Blackburn, a tour of the city and GPD facilities as well as a community reception to allow the public to meet the finalists.
- Gainesville Police Chief Search Update
- Gainesville Police Chief Search Narrows
- Police Chief Search Down to Five
- Gainesville Police Chief Responds To Critics
- Gainesville's Police Chief Plans to Retire
- Gainesville City Manager Looking for Candidates to Fill Police Chief Position
- Recruitment Process for Gainesville's Police Chief Revealed
- Tony Jones Named New Gainesville Police Chief
- Gainesville City Commissioners' Reactions to New Police Chief
- Gainesville's First African American Police Chief Dies at 85