Gilchrist Sheriff's Office Investigates Possible Santa Fe Drowning
According to Gilchrist Sheriff Daniel Slaughter, three people were swimming Friday at the Santa Fe River Park when one of them went under in the fast-flowing river and never surfaced.
Sheriff's divers searched the area and found the body of 25-year-old Guillermo Hernandez at 5:20 p.m., about 30 feet west of where Hernandez was last spotted.
There is no evidence of foul play, and the exact cause of death will be determined at a later date by the Medical Examiners Office.
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Suspect's comments initiate FBI investigation
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Sheriff's office hosts youth dialogue session
- Sheriff Darnell Responds to Mike Fellows Investigation
- Gilchrist County Homicide, Victim Dies Fleeing From Intruder