Gilchrist Sheriff's Office Investigates Possible Santa Fe Drowning
According to Gilchrist Sheriff Daniel Slaughter, three people were swimming Friday at the Santa Fe River Park when one of them went under in the fast-flowing river and never surfaced.
Sheriff's divers searched the area and found the body of 25-year-old Guillermo Hernandez at 5:20 p.m., about 30 feet west of where Hernandez was last spotted.
There is no evidence of foul play, and the exact cause of death will be determined at a later date by the Medical Examiners Office.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Suspect's comments initiate FBI investigation
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Gilchrist County Homicide, Victim Dies Fleeing From Intruder
- Arrest Made in Gilchrist County Homicide
- Sheriff Darnell Responds to Mike Fellows Investigation
- Zac & Kathy Zedalis fired after domestic abuse investigations
- ASO arrest man in possible connection to meth lab