Gilchrist Sheriff's Office Investigates Possible Santa Fe Drowning
According to Gilchrist Sheriff Daniel Slaughter, three people were swimming Friday at the Santa Fe River Park when one of them went under in the fast-flowing river and never surfaced.
Sheriff's divers searched the area and found the body of 25-year-old Guillermo Hernandez at 5:20 p.m., about 30 feet west of where Hernandez was last spotted.
There is no evidence of foul play, and the exact cause of death will be determined at a later date by the Medical Examiners Office.
- More Details Emerge In Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Launches New Investigation
- Another Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation Concludes
- Sheriff's Office Investigates Employee For Misappropriation Of Funds
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Sheriff's Office to Study Salaries
- Sheriff's Office Creates New Program To Lower Agricultural Crime
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?