Insurance Discounts in Jeopardy
Homeowners who strengthen their homes may lose hundreds of dollars in insurance discounts.
The state mandates discounts to encourage people to replace their windows, roofs and doors, but many insurance companies say large discounts could make it hard for them to pay claims, according to the Capitol News Service.
Storm shutters, hurricane resistant windows and a metal roof can cost a pretty penny, but the upgrades can also save homeowners money. The state requires insurance companies to offer discounts to customers who strengthen their homes, but the amount saved could soon change.
A committee of hurricane and insurance experts is discussing a change in the discount rate.
- Internet Cafe In Jeopardy
- Area Attractions Offer Discounts As Part of Tourism Week Celebration
- Discounted Pet Adoption Fees
- State Insurance Fund Stronger Now for Storm Season
- Insurance Affected by Credit
- New Health Insurance Plan
- Low Cost Health Insurance Plan Draws Criticism
- Insurance Problems Continue
- Insurance Problems
- Crist Vetoes Insurance Policy Legislation