Man Drowns in Suwannee River
A family vacation on the Suwannee River ends in tragedy after a man apparently drowned.
Early Wednesday morning divers found the body of 34-year-old Kerry Boisson in the river near Fanning Springs State Park.
The search for Boisson began Tuesday night after authorities got a call around 7:30 pm. Deputies say Bosisson's fiancee told them she last saw him around 4:30 pm when he told her he was heading back to the boat after they spent the afternoon in Fanning Springs.
When she returned to the boat hours later he was nowhere to be found.
"I do not know Mr. Boisson's capabilities, as far as his swimming capabilities. But it is possible for someone that was a weak swimmer to get in trouble," said Capt. Evan Sullivan of the Levy County Sheriff's Office.
Boisson's body was taken to Gainesville for an autopsy. Deputies said they do not suspect foul play in the case.
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- New Contamination Warning for Suwannee and Withlacoochee Rivers
- Withlacoochee and Suwannee Rivers Contaminated
- Suwannee River at White Springs
- One Tank Trips: Suwannee River State Park
- Panhandle River Drowning Deaths
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- Gainesville Man, 21, Drowns In Pool
- Gainesville Man Dies While Saving Drowning Kids
- Local Man Drowns at Lake Weir